General Arrangements for the Recognition of Prior Learning

Students enrolled in MU might be exempted from certain courses within the framework of certain regulations. A student can be exempted from a certain course provided that related course content previously received from another institution complies with that of MU, which is subject to approval and verification by the Board of faculty/graduate school/school.

Recognition of Education Abroad

MU recognises academic terms and courses studied by a student that has been involved in an exchange programme for one or two terms at the universities with which a partnership was established.

Students that are selected to avail themselves of Student Mobility for Studies under ERASMUS are obliged to draw up an education agreement with relevant ERASMUS Unit Coordination prior to the mobility term. The education agreement demonstrates the courses with their ECTS creditsto be studied at the partner university the student intends to go.

In addition to this, students shall be asked to issue a Recognition Sheet showing the equivalent of foreign courses in MU in order to determine the credit transfer.

At the end of the exchange term, the courses studied abroad are recorded and demonstrated in the transcript, together with the original course codes, names and ECTS credits. Pursuant to ERASMUS Programme and Collaboration Agreements concluded thereunto, official transcripts will quote, an abbreviation signal of ET, that stands for European Transfer, for the courses studied abroad.