Specific Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements for Ph.D.
- Candidates with a master’s degree with thesis, or candidates who have graduated from bachelor’s programme with a period of ten semesters, excluding the preparation year, should have a Post-Graduate Education Entrance Exam (ALES) standard score of at least 55 points. This can be upgraded by University Senate. The scores of the candidates who have GRE or GMAT result certificates which are accepted as equivalents of ALES by the Council of Higher Education are calculated on the basis of the equivalent score table published by the Council of Higher Education.
- Candidates with a Bachelor of Science degree should have an undergraduate GPA of 3.00/4.00 or equivalent and should have a ALES score of at least 80 points.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum score of 55 from the English proficiency exam or an equivalent score from other international language exams that are accepted by the Measurement, Selection and Placement Centre (ÖSYM).
During the acceptance stage, an interview of the candidates can be made with the recommendation of the relevant department head and the approval of the Executive Board of the Institute of Science. The evaluation of candidates is made by the head of the department concerned and carried out by the Directorship of the Institute of Science.
- In the case where an interview is conducted, success rankings are made among the candidates according to the 50% of the ALES score, 20% of the score of the foreign language test or its ÖSYM accepted international equivalent, 20% of the undergraduate / graduate GPA and 10% of the interview result.
- In the case where an interview is not conducted, success rankings are then made among the candidates according to the 50% of the ALES score, 25% of the score of the foreign language test or its ÖSYM accepted international equivalent, and 25% of the undergraduate / graduate GPA.
The Senate of the University may decide to increase the minimum points according to the characteristics of the programmes to be entered.