Key Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program:
- Presents comprehensive discussions about the fundamental concepts, theories and research methods in the field of media.
- Presents an interdisciplinary approach to media research by defining its relations with other areas (e.g. sociology, communication technologies, education, and human resources).
- Independently develops and conducts interdisciplinary research projects.
- Uses various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies in advance level; develops application oriented solutions based on the results of the researches.
- Presents an ethical and scientific approach in the process of data collection, interpretation, and dissemination of the results of communication researches.
- Develops theoretical and practical analysis by presenting a critical approach to media products.
- Analyzes, compares and discuss the impacts of new media technologies over individuals, cultures and societies.
- Follows communication researches and theories in multiple languages in international and national arenas.
- Aurally and visually presents own researches in various languages in the national and international arenas.
- Evaluates, interprets and produces new knowledge through the integration of media and communication with other disciplines.
- Independently determines the problems of the field, develops solution-oriented projects and materializes those solutions when necessary.
- Plays a significant role in the social use of media efficiently by theoretically addressing the problems of the industry.
- Comprehends the significant technological developments of the field, and efficiently uses the necessary communication tools and computer applications.
- Sets up new projects by closely following new developments in contemporary visual arts and designs.