Key Learning Outcomes
1. Has theoretical and practical knowledge about physical, cognitive, social-emotional and language development and self-care skills and learning features of individuals between 0-18 ages.
2. As part of ecologic system approach, knows physiological, psychological and sociological process that is needed for healthy development and has a part in supporting this process as a crewmember.
3. Knows development characteristics of individuals with special needs and is equipped to steer parents of these individuals to the persons and institutions that will guide them.
4. For active learning, has knowledge about methods and materials that are needed for instruction of play, drama, music and computer.
5. With the help of his basic knowledge and skills, analize developmental problems of individuals between 0-18 ages and make a teamwork proposing to solve these
6. problems.Using basic information resource in child development, interprets data regarding physical, cognitive, social-emotional, language development and self-care skills and plans and does activities at preschool institutions and special education institutions.
7. Based on totalitarian and humanistic approach principles, knows fundamental rights of freedoms of children and uses these for care and education.
8. Performs his tasks about child development independently using his theoretical and practical knowledge.
9. As a crewmember. defines problems in child development and takes part and responsibility in social responsibility works and community service practices to produce solutions.
10. Gains awareness of life long learning and with the social accountability uses his acquired knowledge within the field for labor and daily life.
11. Evaluate the acquired knowledge and skills at basic level within child development with a critical approach.
12. Knows himself as an individual and directs his education to a higher education level defining his learning needs.
13. Based on his basic knowledge and skills acquired within the child development, informs relevant persons and institutions; shares his ideas and solution proposals to problems within the field with professionals and non-professionals.
14. Serves as a model to the society with his appearance, attitudes and behaviour; behaves according to democracy, human rights, scientific and professional ethical values , relevant laws, regulations and legislations.
15. Gains awareness of enviromental protection and worker’s health security including babies, children and their families and behaves according to these processes.